Friday, March 11, 2011

Wouldn't it have just been easier...

Though my anger has calmed since dealing with Shoebacca.com, my opinion of stupidity has not.  After I sat down and wrote my last blog, I decided I was just going to have to accept not receiving my price matching refund.  I fully assumed that by the time I sent my shoes back, and shoebacca did another price match (probably taking another week or two...), that my price-matching website would be sold out again.

Well, I was at work yesterday morning, and I just happened to pull up the other website, which is runningwarehouse.com, in case you're wondering.  Sure enough, they now had one of my shoes available in the size that was sold out, causing my price-match to be refused!  So I fired off an email to the customer service agent that I had such a great conversation with yesterday (can you sense the sarcasm?  If not, trust me, it's there.).  About twenty minutes later, I had a reply...with an approved price match!  I was awarded a refund of $22.04!  That's a lot of money (at least for me!).  So here's how the new cost of my red-soled Saucony Progrid Kinvara's played out...

89.99 (shoebacca list price) - 50.00 (prepaid Groupon) - 22.04 = 17.95!

In reality, I paid $42.95 for the shoes because I had already paid $25 for the Groupon, but still, that's more than 50% off!  My coupon-master-of-a-wife was very proud of me.  For the second pair of shoes (I ordered a red pair and a green pair), I sent those bad boys back in the mail as soon as I got home from work today.  Once I had dropped them off, I fired off another email to by new friend in customer service land at shoebacca to let them know that the shoes were on their way back to be exchanged for a larger size, and runningwarehouse.com currently had 3+ pairs available in my new size.  As I was writing this blog, I got another email from shoebacca approving my second price match!  So I ended up getting two pairs of the Kinvara's for the price of one!

My new green pair
My new red pair

Which brings me to the obvious question:  Wouldn't it have just been easier to grant me the price match in the first place, rather than making me jump through all of these unnecessary hoops?  I'm glad I finally was awarded the refund (though I'm still waiting for it to show up on the ol' credit card).  It ended up being a total of $44.08, which means I can now afford to buy groceries this week!  Next time, though, I will think twice about ordering through shoebacca, especially if there is a price-match involved.  And besides, runningwarehouse.com seems to have pretty good prices.  I might just make the switch to their site anyway.

And one more thing...

HAPPY 311 DAY!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment