Thursday, November 10, 2011

Doh! Official Disneyland Half Marathon results...

Back when I ran the Disneyland half marathon, the results, for the last few months, had indicated that I was 7th in my age group.  However, number 1 and number 2 in my age group were number 1 and number 2 overall, meaning they would not be counted in my age group.  This bumped me up to 5th in my age group.  The great news was that at Disney events, they give awards for the top 5 of each age group.

I was told that age group awards would be mailed out some time in October.  I had also called and spoken with RunDisney people because my address was misspelled, so I wanted to make sure that whatever they were sending went to the correct address.  Well, it's now November, and I haven't received anything.

I called RunDisney today to double check what was going on.  Nobody answered, so I left a message.  I received a call back a few hours later with some disappointing news.  The girl on the other end said that I wasn't listed in the top 5.  I was a little confused, and she went on to explain that it does take a while for all of the results to be certified and become official, which they now are.  Unfortunately for me, this bumped me down a place to 6th, meaning no age group award.  Crap!

So after I stopped crying and got out of the fetal position, I realized there's only one thing to do...run my butt off to place in my age group next time!  The only problem is, I am pretty sure I'm not running this race next year (pretty sad too, since I've done it 5 years in a row!).  So whenever I do participate in the race again, it's on like donkey kong!

No comments:

Post a Comment