Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Want to loan me $25,000?

We all know that Lance Armstrong is one of the best in the business when it comes to raising money for charities.  On top of being one of the best athletes of all time, he seems to be able to raise money at an incredible rate.  And this summer, he has presented another opportunity to donate your funds.

Mr. Armstrong, along with the current Ironman World Champion Craig Alexander, Dave Scott, Greg Welch, Jimmy Riccitello, and Chrissie Wellington are teaming up to host one of the coolest training weekends ever.  It is going to take place on May 26-28 of this year, and be Kailua-Kona.  During this little training weekend, you'll have the opportunity to train, talk with, get tips from, and stalk some of triathlon's greatest athletes.

Since this is a charity event, with the proceeds going to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in Hawaii, there is a small price to pay in order to attend this shindig.  And keep in mind, this event is meant to be a "personal" event, so they are only allowing 50 people to attend.  The price tag?  A mere $25,000.

If you are interested, you have to send in a brief expression of interest prior to April 15th, so you better get on it!  This event is called "Swim Bike Run with Lance and Friends", and sounds absolutely amazing.  Unfortunately, it's just a couple thousand dollars outside of my budget, so I don't think I'll be able to attend this time.  Just think, at $25k a pop, and 50 people attending, that's $1.25 mil that Lance will be raising for a weekend of training.  Wow.


3 comments:

  1. Even if I had the money, Lance would never let me in. He fears me too much: http://dirtbagfitness.blogspot.com/2012/03/email-intercepted-mr-larmstrong.html
    Stalking Crowie, Dave, and Chrissie would be amazing though!
    "How are you so fast?"
    "I feel pain like a normal human, but then I crush it into power and snort it, fueling myself further."
    "...oh. Can you teach me that?"
    "No."
    "...cool."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a cool "once in a lifetime" opportunity! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I thought it would make me any faster, I'd be all over it! For a similar sized pile of cash, you can win that Kona slot ebay auction.....I'm thinking you bid big on the Kona slot, then just rub elbows with all those same folks on the big day in October.

    ReplyDelete