Monday, April 29, 2013

My first 2 hour ride of the season

On Saturday morning, I decided it would be a great day to go for my longest bike ride in quite some time.  How long?  Well, the title says it all.  It ended up being about 2 hours and 10 minutes.  Not too bad.  However, I am feeling pretty sore right now!

Normally I don't feel too sore after a bike ride, but this time was a little different.  Not only did I do an hour and a half bike ride on Friday morning, but then I went ahead and did a pretty solid leg workout.  Unfortunately, I forgot about this little bit of advice:


I always seem to forget that I get pretty sore after doing after leg day, and doing a long bike ride the day after leg day is probably not a great idea.  And of course, I do understand that plenty of people would say that bike riding is "active recovery".  Well, that's only if you treat your ride like a recovery ride.  And I'm not really a huge fan of doing a 2 hour recovery ride!  Ha!

So Saturday morning came along, and I met up with The Captain.  He was riding his trusty steed in the form of a tri bike, and I was riding my old Trek 1000, with saddle bags on the back (I use this bike as my commuter bike).  Luckily, traffic was nice and the weather actually wasn't too hot yet, so the ride went fairly well.  I could tell I was getting a little tired toward the end, but I also didn't eat any breakfast and only had some Gatorade for nutrition.  Not my smartest bike ride!

Which brings me to today, feeling pretty sore, as I sit here writing this.  But the good news is that pain is weakness leaving the body (it cracks me up when people say that!).  Really, the good news is that I'll only be sore for today and should be back to my regular self tomorrow.  I guess I'll have to do another workout then...

No comments:

Post a Comment